PRE REQUISTE : CFT Foundations Training Adults and Children
This training opportunity with CFT Global Team Instructor - Christine Holefelder, offers participants a chance to perform and observe CFT on babies and toddlers. Some examples of what we will be covering during this 3 day class:
• Fascial assessment of babies and toddlers to reveal areas of restriction
• Specific and whole-body techniques to address strain and dysfunction
• Examples of when to contraindicate a technique or postpone treatment
• How to modify techniques to sooth Mom and Baby
• How to communicate with parents to build understanding and trust
• How to teach parents gentle techniques to be done at home between sessions
PLUS......Practical application with babies and toddlers in need of treatment. Each day students will work with a new pediatric client family. This is a tremendous opportunity to build experience and comfort using CFT with the pediatric population.
Working with infants and toddlers is a deeply rewarding experience that can bring incredible joy to the therapist and family. Expertise with pediatric clients requires a great deal more than simply knowing a list of techniques. During this hands-on training opportunity, students will not only learn how to apply and adapt CFT techniques for this population, but they will also learn the most critical aspects of how to access the child through the family.
Christine has designed and taught bodywork curricula since 1998 and has had CFT experience with newborns, babies, and toddlers since 2003. In 2008 she assisted Dr. Barry Gillespie inthe development of the Baby Brain Score and has since been developing specialized CFT techniques to address breastfeeding issues including tongue tie, lip tie, and problems related to the MTHFR genetic mutation common in today’s population.
This four-day class will cover:
◦ Thorough client assessment to reveal areas of restriction.
◦ General guidelines for typical child development from birth through toddler age.
◦ Common issues experienced by infants and toddlers outside of the hospital setting.
◦ Examples of when to contraindicate a technique or postpone treatment.
◦ Whole-body and specific techniques to address strain and dysfunction.
◦ How to modify CFT techniques to sooth baby and family.
◦ How to communicate with parents to build their understanding and trust.
◦ How to teach parents gentle techniques to be done at home between sessions.
◦ Practical application with babies and toddlers in need of treatment.
◦ How to evaluate the Craniosacral Fascial system with the Baby Brain Score.
◦ Special emphasis on techniques for infant feeding issues and tongue/lip ties.
Each day the students will work with a new pediatric client family and observe and discuss sessions performed by fellow students. After attending this seminar, students can build the skill and confidence necessary to begin using CFT with newborns, babies and toddlers.
Class will only be confirmed when the minimum has been met and subject to the CFT Global Team final discretion, do not make any travel arrangements untill you receive and email confirming the class.